Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Needlework Tuesday - Scarves Again

I can't tell you how happy I am to be knitting again. I need to find more projects (maybe a bigger one) to keep me busy through the winter.

This week I started and finished two ruffle scarves.

The first one is a variegated blue one from the Frill Seeker yarn I showed you last week. It's a little shorter than the others I made, but it's just perfect for tucking into a light jacket.

Here are a close up:
























The second one is made from Bernat Truffles yarn. I love this yarn. It's similar to Red Heart's Ribbon yarn and so much easier to work with than say Red Heart's Sashay or the Frill Seeker one because there's a really clear spot where your needle is supposed to go. No guessing as you do with the others. Anyway, I didn't need more yarn, but I was in Walmart the other day and saw this yarn. I love it's fuzzy edge. If I buy any more, I'm going to have to start hiding it from my husband.  ;)

I didn't follow the pattern on the paper band because it was going to be too thin and too long.  I made the following changes:  11 stitches instead of 6 and I knitted into every hole instead of every second one.    This is basically the same pattern for the Red Heart Ribbon scarf I did a couple of weeks ago. 

Here are a close up of this one:























Finally, here's a shot of the two of them together:
























This week, I'm probably going to make another scarf.   I know, no surprise there.  This time I think I'm going to try making another one that's knitted from end to end rather than across the width. I said I was going to wait until I found more of one specific yarn, but there's no reason that I can see why I can't try it with one of the others. It might work.

At some point, I want to start knitting something that isn't a scarf. I don't know if it's going to be this week, though. I'll have to give it some thought.

Needlework Tuesday is hosted by Heather over at Books and Quilts.

2 comments:

  1. Great scarves. I forgot that I made one of those this past weekend. Started a new scarf for son today. Put a pic on my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarves. They look so soft and comfy. Hope you find a big project for the winter. I've been sewing lots of small projects - I love the instant gratification. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!